Hi there, Sasha again. A lot has happened since my last blog here, I mean, really a lot! We’ve had the big race, woohoo! Although, as you could have read in Davide’s blog, there isn’t a lot to be excited about, in terms of the direct results at least. The lack of a result we’ve been hoping for doesn’t mean that the work we did this year was fruitless, however, far from that. A lot of improvements have been made to the vehicle, and the team has gained a lot of knowledge during the development process and the race itself, which will be passed on to the new team. A team I’m going to be part of as well, which compensates nicely for the fact that I couldn’t be present at the race.
The plan is to perform a variety of tests, and using the data extracted from several sensors (RPM, Force, Ampère) I can finally really test the accuracy of the simulations I made this year. For me, these tests are invaluable, since only when they have been conducted it is possible to know whether I can proceed to implement more features into the simulation (better GUI, real-live calculations) or whether there still are physical factors I failed to consider and I need to change the heart of the current simulation itself. The results really outline what I’ll be working on the first part of the year.
I’m thus looking forward to conducting these tests and working together with the new team on improving and completing everything that the team of this year has achieved so far. For now, I’m going back to Russia to enjoy holidays with my family over there, in order to come back just in time for the first team meeting next year!