Time for another post again! Since my last update I have been working on the brakes quite intensively. Last year, they discovered during the race that the driver of the Ecorunner had to use a lot of force to use the brake. This was something we wanted to improve this year. I made a new design for the brake: now the brake handle is longer, so you have to use less force to brake.
In order to make this new design I worked a lot together with our chief suspension Jochem. The design of the brakes had to be integrated with the design of the suspension in order to let everything fit into the Ecorunner.
Also, I looked into the design of the connection between the suspension and the brakes. Since the design of the suspension changed somewhat compared to last year, the design of the brakes had to be adapted to this. In the picture I included you can see the model I made for this connection in CATIA.
Lastly, I did a course for lathing and milling. All our team members need to attend such courses in order to be able to help during the production phase of the Ecorunner. Our production phase is officially starting next week and I will be helping with this as well.
In upcoming posts, I will probably tell you more about this!
T: +31 (0)15 278 91 33
2628 CN Delft